Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What Were They Thinking?!?!?

Here's a running monologue of what I think onstage sometimes:

"Man, this is a great crowd! That person in the front with the exceptionally long nose hairs are kind of weird, but everyone else is great! Wonder if they understand what I'm singing about. . . .

Wonder what it'd be like to be a penguin. I wonder if I'd miss having opposable thumbs. I bet I would at first. I bet I'd miss getting to see movies like Fight Club . . .

Fight Club is such a great concept. I wish I could have thought up the idea of personifying a schizophrenic as a separate entity. It's so effective and creepy.

I wonder what it would feel like to punch myself in the face. I wonder if I could even do it. I bet not. I'd probably chicken out at the last moment.

Wonder if anyone here would notice if I punched myself in the face onstage. I bet I could get away with it. I bet no one would notice until they saw blood running down my face. That'd be so cool- seeing some guy knock himself out. Okay, I'm going to do it.

I'm going to do it now. Do it! Don't wuss out! Do it. 1, 2, 3. . knew I couldn't do it."


1 comment:

  1. Don't punch yourself!!!!!!!! I would most certainly notice and not be too happy about it ;-)

    ReplyDelete